Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Pincushion

“STATE-LINE CRAFTER’S”

“CUSHION, CUSHION WHERE IS  MY  PINCUSHION”

“Any day spent sewing is a good day”
12496078_757282918660_2651876199780496681_o
Good day everyone, it’s Pamela!
So many of you that know me, know that I sew a lot. I have two sewing machines and a table I cut all my patterns out on. So I need to have  many pincushions when doing projects. I  am sharing with you a couple of pincushions that I have made and show you they’re pretty easy to make.
How many pincushions do you have? If you are like me, you have several sewing projects in the works that most likely involve fabrics of varying types and weights. Oftentimes, each requires a different type of pin to do the job right.
I know when I am sewing with knits, I prefer to use ballpoint pins. For sewing bulky fabrics, like fleece or thick woolens, I pull my long quilting pins. And for lightweight sheers or delicate silks, I know I can rely on my best ultra-fine glass headed pins. Of course, my favorite general purpose pins are my glass headed, extra fine ones — not too long, not too fine and super duper sharp! They tend to glide through most fabrics with ease and can stand the heat of an iron.
As you can imagine, that’s a lot of pins. It’s easy to see why just one pincushion is not nearly enough. Having several filled with each variety of pins at the ready makes shifting from one project to another a breeze. I even keep a wrist pincushion on hand for when I’m fitting myself or a client. I keep all of my pincushions stored in a rolling supplies cart that sits right next to my sewing table.
I just love pincushions. They say so much about who we are. Not only are they a great way to express our creativity and individuality, they are fun and easy to make. And they can be fashioned into just about anything!

There are so many fun pincushion patterns available. Here are just a few of our favorites:

janfebmar2016 010

This pincushion bends and lays over the couch, when sewing I love watching old movies.


janfebmar2016 012


This one is a simple one but does the treat. Does matter what pins you use, I am a grandma and yes that is a diaper pin, from my grand sons diaper. But all in all I use them for sewing pins.
janfebmar2016 156



janfebmar2016 160
So this give you an ideal on what you could make, its fun and easy! Any questions let me know!

How To Make A Pin Cushion

pincushion:

Thanks Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment