Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Pig Had to GO!

'STATE-LINE CRAFTERS"

The Pig Had to GO!


10553491_10204035864970031_5661830124427492192_n
Hello everyone its Connie!
If anyone knows me I have a 100 projects going on at 1 time. But the project I would like to share with you today was a gift I received from my sister Cheryl. She gave me an antique table that she bought for $5.00 at an antique shop in Huntley, IL. She used it for all her craft projects, but when she moved she left it behind, when she went to pick it up her grand kids had painted all over the table. So when I was visiting her she asked if I would like to take on a project and refinish it.
Well I did, see for you, what came to be of this table.
My sister Cheryl invited me down for a weekend and sent this table home with me hoping I could save it.
Apparently her grandchildren had gotten a hold of her antique farm table, and went crazy with the paint.  Yes, I love piggy’s, but I’ve never heard of “chuby the pig”,

THIS PIGGY HAD TO GO!

First, I removed the rusty hardware, and soaked it in rust remover.
Then I went to town scraping, then use paint remover, and then scraped some more, finally I sanded the heck out of this table.
Some of the white paint still shows through on the legs and the top,
but I think it give it that vintage look.
 Finally, after months, it’s as Doneas it’s ever going to be. (I need two pieces of hardware to finish the legs.)
What do you think, Miss Cheryl? Do you like the color?

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

10568800_10204600992171937_4542729694324197029_n
Hello everyone its Cheryl!
I really wasn’t sure what I was going to do with this table. I knew I didn’t want to give it up! I mean I only paid $5.00 for it and it did what I needed it to do. So I stored it until I saw Connie was refinishing antique’s and asked her if there was any hope for this table. As you can see for yourself my sister did a great job!
LOVE IT! Thank you so much for fixing my table sister!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment