Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Harmony in Paris

Harmony in Paris

“State-Line Crafter’s”

Harmony in Paris

10553491_10204035864970031_5661830124427492192_n Hello everyone it’s Connie the baby of the family and still the cutest, ha,ha. It’s a joke I always say when all us girls get together!
My Granddaughter and all her little friends are totally into PARIS, PARIS, PARIS. So, with that theme in mind, this is what I made this for her birthday.

Things you need for this project:
Harmony-in-Paris-notepad
Steps :
  1. Iron tissue paper
  2. Measure and cut tissue paper
  3. Run double sided adhesive along edge of 8 1/2 X 11 inch sheet of White printer paper
  4. Be sure to put the rough side of the tissue paper up. It’s more pores then the smooth set.1
  1. Flip the photo to be printed, if you use PSE (Photo Shop Element), when you go to print it gives you an option to flip the picture.
  2. Trim the picture (I’ve used exacto knife and it tends to tear the tissue paper)
  3. Place your photo paper on the canvas, and hold it in place with a ruler.5
    1. Lightly apply a layer of mod podge to upper canvas (I don’t like to split a face, you don’t want too many wrinkles on that part of the picture).
    2. Gently lay the picture on the mod podge and quickly move on  to the bottom half, and repeat.
    3. Gently DAB mod podge to photo.  NOTE:  Be very careful, the colors start to bleed through the tissue paper, regularly check your sponge, once you have color in the mod podge, switch to a new sponge and avoid areas already saturated.  Set to dry for at least 2 hours (to be sure).812
      1. Second coat, again watch for the color to bleed,  after this coat dries, you are relatively safe from the bleeding.
      1. Now, my picture basically only covers the top of the canvas, around the edge I printed and mod podge this:
      1. Let it dry again for 2 hours, and add your final coat of mod podge. After that’s completely dry I spray the entire canvas with a clear coat enamel spray, if you don’t do this, here’s what could happen, if the picture ever gets wet, it will leave water spots on your photo. FYI:  It’s easy, but there have been times when I mess up and I have to paint over a picture to start over;  if this happens to you, paint over with white acrylic paint.Directions to Harmony in ParisSo, with that theme in mind, this is what I made this for her birthday.for-blog2
        Thanks for stopping by!
        Here’s some more mod podged art I done.
        I’ve been doing the PSE mod podge for years now.  I love homemade personal gifts.  It’s seems that every Christmas the funds are tight.  Here’s one gift I made and gave my daughter Deby with pictures of her and her best friend taken on a trip they did together.samples
        I bought the canvas at the dollar store, there was a picture of a bird on them, I painted them white, then mod podged.
        Here’s the , I love this one.
        Mona-Deby
        “MONA DEBY”

No comments:

Post a Comment